The Beginning

My dad taught through stories.  Every lesson was a convoluted comparison of the current situation to some other situation.

Modern day parables in a way.

Unfortunately, I've come to do the same.  Instead of getting to the damn point, I see some kind of relationship to something else and spend too much time thinking of the "something else" rather than focusing on the point at hand.

I thought I'd write them down and told my wife I was going to start a blog called "Analogies", knowing full well that in this day and age that name must already be taken.  It was.  She suggested I change the last part to "geez" since she's subjected to quite a few of them and doesn't apparently see the wisdom and insights therein.

Analogeez.  The "anal" kind of jumps out at you.  Anal? O geez.  Takes on a different meaning.

Anal OG's.  My gangsta take in the same direction.

Settled on Ah-nalogies.  Gets rid of the rectum and hopefully imparts the revelation aspect of how awesome these thoughts are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What started the blog. The thoughts were already there...